Can an action be included on the Find Menu, and excluded from the Main Menu?

Nov 10, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Is it possible to define an action that can be included on the find menu but excluded from the main menu?

Coordinator
Nov 10, 2011 at 11:50 AM
Edited Nov 10, 2011 at 1:52 PM

I think the answer is no. I just tried adding a suitable action to a service and registering that service in the ContributedActions property of the run class (rather than in the MenuServices property).  My (vague) memory was that actions on services registered here would be contributed to domain objects (where the domain object type was an action parameter), OR to the Find menu (for actions that returned a suitable type).  However, I just tried a very quick example and the latter didn't seem to work.  It is quite possible that my memory was wrong:  either we never implemented that or there was some issue with it.

(added later)

Looking into this a little more, we can't see any reason why the Finder menu should only be looking for actions on services registered only in the StartMenu property.  It might simply be an artefact of the order in which those capabilities were developed.  I've raised an Issue ticket to fix that  -  should be fairly simple.

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:14 PM

Thanks Richard