I just created a new Naked Objects MVC project using the public NuGet packages and all of a sudden I get the above error when trying to run.
It seems that the log4Net folks have badly managed their new release (something to do with changing the public key), and searching the web it seems that we're not the only framework to have been impacted. See e.g.
Needless to say this has happened at a very bad time, when we're all supposed to be enjoying our New Year break!
If you are successfully using Naked Objects - don't upgrade the Log4Net package!
If you happen to be trying to use Naked Objects for the first time (or have been using it and want to create a new solution) make the following temporary fixes to ensure that you are running with log4Net 1.2.10.
- Install the NakedObjects.Mvc package as normal, which will install the latest log4Net (1.2.11)
- The NuGet Package Manager won't let you uninstall the log4Net package because Naked Objects depends upon it. So instead ...
- Manually remove the reference to log4Net.dll. then close your solution
- Find the Packages directory (at the same level as your solution file, usually) and delete the log4net package
- Re-open your solution, and select on the Run project (which is the one that needs log4Net).
- Invoke Tools > Library Package Manager > Package Manager Console
- At the PM> command prompt type: PM> Install-Package log4net -Version 1.2.10
- It should then run OK
Sorry for the inconvenience - it wasn't our fault. We'll fix the dependency issue and get a new release out, but it may be a few days.