Can you confirm that I can use Razor in in the generic NO views?

Jun 22, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Hi,

I just need to check that the NO views that are created by "reflection" can now use the Razor view engine as opposed to the ASP.NET one which the videos shows.

I want to maintain consitency with my non NO world ie MVC3, Razor, EF 4.1 (probably schema first, since I will have created the DB already, although I guess I could use Model First.  I am yet to be be convinced on "Code First". Perhaps I am prejudiced since I am used to getting the DB right to start with then building the application out from this.

Many thanks,

Ed

Editor
Jun 22, 2012 at 5:18 PM

On 22 June 2012 18:09, ESSB <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

I just need to check that the NO views that are created by "reflection" can now use the Razor view engine as opposed to the ASP.NET one which the videos shows.

yup, you can use Razor.

I want to maintain consitency with my non NO world ie MVC3, Razor, EF 4.1 (probably schema first, since I will have created the DB already, although I guess I could use Model First. I am yet to be be convinced on "Code First". Perhaps I am prejudiced since I am used to getting the DB right to start with then building the application out from this.

Both DB and Model first will work, though the preferred approach is model first. This lets us map EF to either tables or - in more complex scenarios - to views /instead-of triggers.

Dan

Many thanks,

Ed

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (nakedobjects@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email nakedobjects@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 22, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Dan,

Thanks for the very quick reply. Ok, I will focus on "Model First".

Ed