Sortable table and list views

Jul 1, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Have you guys had any thoughts / intentions on introducing some kind of sorting support for table / list views?
I.e. sort or reverse sort by a specific column when the user clicks on it.
I'm thinking it should be possible to do this generically. You have the call to the IQueryable<T> that was executed, so you could just tag on a ordyr by. Not?
If possible, once again, one of those questions; how long would you estimate this would take us to implement?

Coordinator
Jul 2, 2012 at 9:55 AM

We have thought about it several times, but haven't progressed it, so far. The idea is certainly do-able, but I've not got as far as estimating how long it would take us to implement, so I'm certainly not willing to take a guess for how long it would take someone else!

As a short term fix, have you considered just adding a sort-by parameter to the action that generates the query? Or even separate versions of the action that sort the results differently.  You could then optionally add a custom view for that returned list, and add buttons corresponding to the different sorted actions.

Jul 2, 2012 at 10:24 AM
I'm sure I could come up with a custom implementation, and will do so if I need to.
It's just such a nice feature that could work generically. :)
Coordinator
Jul 2, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I've added it as a requested feature in the Issue tracker.

Jul 2, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Thanx much.