This project is read-only.

any clue as to the cause of "Duplicate name" warning message?

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:15 AM

... displayed on the home page, for all of the properties of the Actor class:

• Duplicate name: Id found on type: Sdm.Bom4.Officers.Impl.Actor
  • Duplicate name: Actor Type Id found on type: Sdm.Bom4.Officers.Impl.Actor
  • Duplicate name: Parent Org Unit Id found on type: Sdm.Bom4.Officers.Impl.Actor
  • Duplicate name: Parent Org Unit found on type: Sdm.Bom4.Officers.Impl.Actor

Actor is the root of an inheritance hierarchy, otherwise there's nothing particularly special about it.

Any clue as to what I've done?  It app still seems to run fine.

Jul 4, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Edited Jul 4, 2012 at 10:07 AM

possibly http://nakedobjects.codeplex.com/workitem/53 

Otherwise this is warning you that the reflector has seen a duplicated property name on a class - usually because of the named annotation renaming a property to same name as an existing property. 

Jul 4, 2012 at 10:14 AM

hmm

Since I'm getting this for every property, I don't think it's option (2).

I suspect that it's a problem related to workitem 53.  However, in my case the subtypes do have properties of their own.

I'll add this thread as a comment to that workitem.

Jul 4, 2012 at 10:18 AM

issue #53 should be fixed in 4.1.0 so you might want to make sure your packages are up to date.

Jul 9, 2012 at 11:00 AM

This appears to be caused by use of the composition pattern:  an object containing a collection of objects of the same type (or of a sub-class).  I can reproduce the error on the project code you sent me, but have so far not been able to reproduce it in a simple standalone example -  I'll keep at it.

Jul 9, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Have just noticed that you are not using 4.1.0  -  see Stef's posting above. Please try that and advise if that has fixed it.

Jul 9, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Edited Jul 10, 2012 at 1:16 PM

ok, tho' might not get onto this until next week.