ProgrammingModel 5.2 released - better support for Polymorphic Associations

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2012 at 2:14 PM

We released a new version of the NakedObjects.ProgrammingModel package (v 5.2) last night, along with a new release of the NakedObjects.Ide (v 4.4).  This is not a breaking change, and is principally the inclusion of a set of new helper classes and interfaces (i.e. in the NakedObjects.Helpers assembly) for handling PolymorphicAssociations  -  along with two new code snippets for adding those associations ('polyprop' and 'polycoll').

These have not yet been added to the Naked Objects Developer Manual, but hopefully that will follow soon ;-)

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2012 at 3:09 PM

I have just added a paper that explains how to use the new Polymorphic Associations helpers -  under 'Patterns & Practices' on the Documentation tab.  

Coordinator
Dec 12, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Forewarning:  I am probably going to make some further minor improvements to these helpers for the next release (which we expect to be in January), which could require minor changes to any code that uses the classes.  So best to treat these polymorphic helper classes as exploratory for the next month or so.  They are not part of our official, documented API yet, so the next release won't be a 'major' release.