How to use autocomplete on a parameter value that is dependent on another passed parameters

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:08 PM
How to use autocomplete on a parameter value that is dependent on another passed parameters

for an example I have a method
public CustomerPhysicalAddress UpdatePhysicalAddress(Province province, Suburb suburb)
{

}

I want an autocomplete field on suburb that is dependent on the Province value
Coordinator
Apr 24, 2013 at 12:18 PM
I don't think it is possible to combine the Naked Objects conditional-choices functionality with the auto-complete functionality. But I am not sure you need the latter, do you?

Your conditional choices will have already returned a set of Suberbs as a drop-down from which the user can select - and the standard drop-down selector should at least recognise the first key that you typed, to navigate down within the set. Or do you still have too many Suberbs (even after selecting the Province) to display in a drop down at all?
Apr 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Edited Apr 24, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I want the provinces to be a dropdown list, but only want to retrieve the necessary suburbs through auto complete based on the selection made in the provinces dropdown.
Apr 24, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Hi Richard.
Yes, there are still way too many suburbs. Hundreds.
And then there is another level, streets, which will also be too long.
So we'll have to come up with some cascading auto completion solution for this scenario.