5.5 dialog sizing with find menus.

Jul 5, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Hi.

The dialogs seem to nicely size dynamically to fit the content, but there is one problem scenario.
If there is a dialog with one parameter input, the dialog is quite small, and if that parameter has a find menu on it, the menu is cut off when opened.
I think the dialog should either be big enough to start with, maybe a bigger one size fits all kind of approach, or the dialog should dynamically grow the first time the find menu expands to fit it and then stay the new bigger size.
Cannot think of a more elegant solution, unless the find menu size can be calculated before it is opened.
Coordinator
Jul 8, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Now that the framework supports both:
  • Conditional choices (choices for one param based on values of other params)
  • Auto-complete
my own view is that the role of the Find menu becomes less and less relevant. On an application I am writing right now, I am aiming eventually to hide the Find menu globally using .css, by careful use of those two options above.

Otherwise, yes, you can make all the dialogs bigger globally, or perhaps use some JavaScript to calculate the size of the Find menu - the HTML for the find menu is all there already.
Jul 8, 2013 at 9:25 AM
I agree in general about the lesser Find menu, however, I think it is still the best way to allow inline creation of objects.