Please note that, as always, the easiest way to install and use this release is via the NuGet Package Manager.
More details of the new features listed below can be found in the updated Developer Manual (download it from the Documentation tab).
New features for this release
- In addition to IViewModel and IViewModelEdit, there is now IViewModelSwitchable for a view model that may be rendered in either view or edit mode.
- ConcurrencyCheck may now be used on a byte property (which in turn allows it to work with a SqlServer TimeStamp data type).
- A Nullable boolean property (or action paramater) will now be rendered on the UI, allowing null, true or false states
- The Naked Objects MVC UI and the Restful Objects API may now co-exist in the same run projects, and are both installed by default using NakedObjects.Mvc-FreshInstall. (The FilesChangedSince5.6.text explains how to add this capability when upgrading). For security reasons, though, the Restful Objects API is not activitated by default - to activate you just need to return a non-null value from RunWeb.RestRoot - which also specifies the sub-url for the API.
- The handling of FileAttachments have been significantly re-worked to take full advantage of Html 5. If you are using Chrome, Firefox or IE11 you should see a big improvement. Older versions of IE should behave as before.
For other minor changes and bug fixes: view all issues (https://nakedobjects.codeplex.com/workitem/list/advanced), and filter for those associated with Release 5.7.
Upgrading existing projects
- You will need to upgrade the NakedObjects.ProgrammingModel package (to 5.7.0) for all projects that use it; similarly for NakedObjects.Xat.
- As usual, when upgrading an existing MVC project, we recommend that you update the package NakedObjects.Mvc-Assemblies, and then refer to the file: FilesChangedSince5.6.txt, so see which of your existing code files need to be updated. Latest versions of those files (or, in some cases, their '.pp' installers) can be found in the .zip folder: NakedObjects.Mvc-Files(5.7.0)