Action dialogs in 5.5

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Hi there.
I have an action that has a parameter of a domain object.
The new action dialog comes up, and the parameter has a find menu that allows be to create a new instance of that object type. But when I click that New action, it bounces me out of the new dialog, and shows it in the old flat view. Once I have finished entering info for the object I am creating, and click ok, it recreates the dialog and shows the object I just created selected in the parameter field.
So, it is functional, but seems a bit jarring. Is this the way it is supposed to work?
I tested it on a raw MVC project also.
Coordinator
Jun 28, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Tested similar example on Adventureworks -

Special Offer : Associate Special Offer with Product

In Dialog - Select a product
From Find Menu - Create New Special Offer

As expected get fields for new special offer - fill and save
Then select new special offer and 'OK' dialog

All works as expected.

So there must be something special/different from this that you're doing. Perhaps you could simplify until it works and then identify the additional step causing the problem.
Jun 28, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Ok. But it is all supposed to happen in the dialog?
Jun 28, 2013 at 6:05 PM
I forgot to mention I have an auto-complete on that parameter also. I'll confirm if it is that or try simplify till it works.
Jun 28, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Ok, I found the problem. It isn't the auto-complete.
My last parameter is of type FileAttachment. When I remove that, the dialog works perfectly.
Coordinator
Jun 28, 2013 at 7:32 PM
It's too much work to handle File Attachments through Ajax so we drop out of Ajax so that the browser can handle it for us.
Jun 28, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Ok. Would it not be possible to only drop out of AJAX once the ok button is clicked, rather than when the nested dialog is invoked off the find menu. The file is only uploaded at the time of the Ok click.
But either way, I'll just make a separate action for now to upload the attachment after the entity has been created.