Visual Studio 2013 compatability

Dec 17, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Hi Richard,

I've seen a thread from last month regarding compatability with VS2013 and I just wondered if NO 5.6 is indeed compatable. I've tried to use the freshinstall package with an empty web application project with the MVC checkbox checked but I get the error...

Install failed. Rolling back...
Unable to uninstall 'Microsoft.Web.Infrastructure 1.0.0.0' because 'Microsoft.AspNet.WebPages 3.0.0' depends on it.

Is this something you're aware of?

Thanks
Rob
Coordinator
Dec 18, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Rob

NOF 5.6 is still designed to work with MVC4 and EF5. When you created your empty web application project (in VS2013) which version of MVC did you select (I don't have VS2013 yet so I don't know what the options are) ?

Richard
Dec 18, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Ah I see. Microsoft have really changed things up in VS2013 I believe, it's gone to a more ruby gem/node package style where a web application has practically nothing out of the box and MVC apps and the like are made up of NuGets so as you can imagine the volume and dependency chain of nugets for an MVC application can be extensive.

The problem is looks like some uninstall commands in the powershell scripts that are out of order due to the dependency chain causing it to fail but that's just an educated guess.

I've liked some screenshots showing the new process and the error.

New Project Screen

Application Config Selection Screen

Error

Rob
Dec 22, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Ok digging a little further, the rollback is occuring because of an error in..

~\NakedObjects.Mvc-FreshInstall.package\tools\uninstall.ps1

Looking at the code it looks like the second delete maybe causing the problem as there is a space $masterNoLogin .Delete() ...

if ($masterLogin) {
$masterLogin.Delete()
}

if ($masterNoLogin ) {
$masterNoLogin .Delete()
}

if ($masterNoLoginNoBundle) {
$masterNoLoginNoBundle.Delete()
}
Coordinator
Dec 23, 2013 at 1:40 PM
In summary

NOF 5.6 is .Net 4.0, VS2012, MVC4 and EF5

In the new year we are planning a NOF 6.0 release which will support .Net 4.5, VS2013, MVC5 and EF6.

For the moment you should stay on the NOF 5.6 supported technology stack.